Sunday 23 October 2011

A good start to the week

It's good to start the cycling week on a Sunday. Starting on a Monday is a real temptation when you have even a small commute but not kicking things off with a good chunk of miles under your belt is a shame.
Last Sunday I had a great ride with The Chris in the October sunshine. Those 33 miles really set my week off and with the 40 miles from commuting and another 33 miles with Milord yesterday, my total over 7 days topped 100 miles. I'll take that.
So I was determined to get my Sunday miles in today, really determined. In the end though, I watched the rugby, did some tidying up outside, went down the tip, did some shopping and before I knew it it was gone 4pm.
It would have been easy to let it go: let the sofa take the strain, but instead I had a rummage in the HTFU locker and pulled on the lycra and hit the road.
I chose a route I'd been planning for a while too. A longer commute, which I wanted to check for distance and time. You can see the details on MapMyRide below.
In the end it was just 24 miles but it was great to get out there, even with the brutal headwind for half of it. I'm definitely feeling stronger - all I need to do is shed some of the bastard pounds.
Tomorrow's commute will feel better for today's ride, for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment